Mom Blog School Podcast – Episode 44
Going viral is something that every blogger desires and works for.
Can you imagine how much your website would change if it just had the opportunity to be seen by millions?
After her small Etsy shop was open for one year, Mel become the spotlight of controversy when one of Target’s designers used her design to sell t-shirts in their stores. The incident landed her a spot on the TODAY show on NBC.
Shortly after that experience, she was selected to appear on ABC’s hit show Shark Tank where she gained lots of attention.
On this episode of the Mom Blog School Podcast we sit down with Mel Lay from SandiLakeClothing.com who shares with us the challenges that came from going viral multiple times.
Mel’s experiences are a great example of how to prepare yourself prior to your content going viral. We were so surprised to hear about the unfortunate comments and criticisms that came from random individuals in the comment sections on websites.
Gain loads of insight as you listen into Mel sharing how she overcame her challenges to grow her small Etsy shop into a full time brick and mortar store that has fans across the world.
What You Will Learn From This Episode:
- Mel’s background and the history of SandiLake Clothing (4:30)
- Mel’s experience with Target that made her Etsy shop go viral (7:00)
- Lessons learned from Mel’s first viral experience (11:26)
- Mel’s tips on how to prepare for your next viral experience (15:30)
- How Mel applied for ABC’s Shark Tank (19:05)
- Mel’s experience through her Shark Tank experience(21:15)
- After the Tank, Mel’s post show lessons learned (26:50)
- The future for SandiLake Clothing (28:40)
- Mel’s #1 tip for those who are just starting out with their shops (33:05)
Resources From This Episode:
- SandiLake Clothing on Instagram
- Mel’s Appearance on Shark Tank
- Mel’s Appearance on the TODAY show
Working on Improving Your Blog?
No worries, we’ve got your back!
- Sign up for our 7 day FREE email video series and learn how to start your own blog!
- Join our public Facebook group where we learn and help each other grow!